10.25.2008

Business System: System Research

These three examples of business systems come from our text book for this class, Logos 01: an essential primer for today's competitive market. I chose them because each shows the wide array of pieces that can be included in a business system. The Heineken example especially shows the amount of pieces that can be created. Everything from t-shirts and CD jackets to stickers, lanyards and keychains. In the Mamamoto example, the pieces are similar in color but do no use the logo as a primary element as the smith&nephew example does.
I knew I didn't want to just use one source for my research so I expanded and looked in all of the Graphic Design books I had in my apartment. Over the past three years, I have acquired quite a few. After looking through all of them, I found the most success in the book I purchased for GD 1 last spring. The book is titled The Big Book of Graphic Design. I originally bought it because it is full of great inspiration, I had no idea the amount of business systems I'd find inside.

The image to the left is an example from the Ballet de Bim. I chose it because of the way the logo stays important even while the images change location and size.
This example comes from California College of the Arts. It shows examples of two letterheads and info cards. What was interesting to me the way the designer only used the top of the page to showcase the logo and other elements. The only thing that changes is the color of the paper in the info cards from the first example. 

References:
Walton, R. (2007). The big book of graphic design. New York: Collins Design.
Logos 01: an essential primer for today's competitive market. (2007). Beverly, MA: Rockport Publishers.

No comments: