10.23.2008

Company Logo Design: Final Logo

It's done! After a final class critique I went with the logo that fist best with the art and design side of my company. This logo reflects the design aspect through the use of the copyright symbol but still represents the aspect of creativity and art through the used of 45 degree angles throughout.

From the last critique  I edited the wordmark through kerning and manipulating the letterforms away from the strict Century Gothic. At the ends of the curves in the C, E, R, and G I places a 45 degree cut to move the eye and make the type unique. I did the same to the C in the symbol.

In the end I am really satisfied with the finished logo. When I was doing the initial design I thought just black and white would be best and that is what I stuck with. It's clean and professional yet expressive and creative.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

I think it's great! I agree with you, it's clean and professional yet still expressive and creative. Great balance. And slanting the second "e" was a good decision. It really makes the logo look finished and unified.

alarson said...

I like both the e's turned!! Nice job on really making it look professional, yet there are subtle things that make the reader/observer question why they are so. Little changes and tweaks make it unique and interesting.

I think it will look wonderful on your business system pieces as well as on your products!

Olbra002 said...

I'm also really glad you took both of the e's into consideration versus just switching up one of them. Thats great! Also, I'm happy you didn't stick with the scribble logo. Although i loved it, it reminded me of things that have done before, and the copyright logo seems very appropriate and professional. I think it really speaks to your audience!